Friday, June 17, 2022

Fight the Power, Part 1 Song by The Isley Brothers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_the_Power_(Part_1_%26_2) Time is truly wastin' There's no guarantee Smile's in the makin' You gotta fight the powers that be Got so many forces Stayin' on the scene Givin' up all around me Faces full a' pain I try to play my music They say my music's too loud I try to talkin about it I got the big run around When I rolled with the punches I got knocked on the ground With all this bullshit going down Time is truly wastin' There's no guarantee Smile's in the makin' You gotta fight the powers that be I don't understand it People want to see, ya Those that got the answers Red tape in the way I could take you in easy That's just half the fun, oh boy Seeking satisfaction Keeps me on the run I try to play my music They say my music's too loud I try to talkin' about it I got the big run around When I rolled with the punches I got knocked on the ground By all this bullshit going down Time is truly wastin' There's no guarantee Smile's in the makin' You gotta fight the powers that be If you & I can we got the power Fight it, fight the power, baby, baby Fight it, fight the power Source: LyricFind Songwriters: Christopher Jasper / Ernie Isley / Marvin Isley / O'kelly Isley / Ronald Isley / Rudolph Isley Fight the Power, Part 1 lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publi

No comments:

Post a Comment