Saturday, April 20, 2024

Taylor Swift hit Trumpy’s racism !

At the time, few people were quite as eager as Donald Trump to express their feelings via Tweet. However, Taylor Swift unexpectedly addressed his statements on X. "After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence?" she wrote on May 29, 2020. "'When the looting starts the shooting starts'??? We will vote you out in November." She ended the tweet by tagging Trump.

Swift Fought Back In 2020

"When it came time for the 2020 election, Taylor Swift was ready to put her money where her mouth is. In her interview with The Guardian, Swift said, "I just wanna do everything I can for 2020. I wanna figure out exactly how I can help, what are the most effective ways to help." With regards to anti-abortion legislation that was ramping up at the time, she said, "I can't believe we're here. It's really shocking and awful ... Obviously, I'm pro-choice, and I just can't believe this is happening."

Just in time for the presidential election, Swift spoke to V Magazine and publicly endorsed Joe Biden. "I will proudly vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in this year's presidential election," Swift said. "Under their leadership, I believe America has a chance to start the healing process it so desperately needs." She elaborated on why she made the choice she did, alluding to her dislike for Donald Trump and the importance of equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment