Wednesday, June 14, 2023

As you can see from her resignation letter, her reason for leaving is that she has taken a new job that leaves little time for the other important things in her life. Image Dear Signatories, It is with a heavy heart that we bring you the news that Austin DeVille has stepped down from her position as a member of the Board of Directors of WDI USA. Austin has served in a position of leadership within WDI USA since its launch in 2020. Since then, she has poured her heart into building the organization into the formidable force that it is today. Although she has worn many hats, Austin’s primary role for the past few years has been to serve as the organization’s volunteer coordinator. In that capacity, she has tirelessly reviewed volunteer applications, spent hours on the phone with potential volunteers, overseen countless volunteer orientation sessions, hosted monthly volunteer networking meetings, and kept on top of all of the amazing work that our cadre of volunteers has been undertaking. We are fortunate that she will be able to remain in this role. As you can see from her resignation letter, her reason for leaving is that she has taken a new job that leaves little time for the other important things in her life. This is her letter of resignation, by which we were all touched: It has been an absolute honor working with all of you, and helping build this excellent organization and its programs. This strong, skilled group of women has broadened and fortified my knowledge and experience of what it means to live radical feminism, and consistently demonstrated the practicality of letting its principles guide my priorities, my words, and my actions. As you have witnessed, I’ve changed my life in huge, important ways since we have known each other, and it’s because I’ve been enveloped in the thoughtfulness and support of this efficacious, powerful sisterhood. WDI USA is a gift and a home to many amazing women. It is a place for those of us who are being harmed by the new misogyny to turn our despair into purposeful action, and to analyze our experiences among understanding allies. I am grateful and content to have served in a leadership role here for such an extensive amount of time. I am enjoying my new job very much, but it leaves me very little time for being a good single mother to my wonderful daughter, and even less time for my beloved volunteer work at WDI USA. There is no consistent day or hour that I can promise to be available every week for board meetings, which in itself disqualifies me from the required commitment. It is for this reason, and this reason only, that I have to step down from the board presently. You are all still welcome to email or call me anytime, whether it is for organizational reasons or personal check-ins. I will be a little slower to reply than usual, but I will always respond within 24 hours, and I will keep doing my best to support the board’s efficiency in action as best I can. I will also attempt to retain my role as Volunteer Coordinator, with the help of the individual Team Coordinators, and some other great volunteers who have agreed to take on many of my regular responsibilities. If it turns out that I am unable to do so, I will pass on any duties necessary to other competent volunteers. I remain fully, wholeheartedly, and vigorously supportive of WDI USA’s work, and will continue to offer my loyalty and service in whatever ways I can. With endless gratitude and solidarity, Austin DeVille We wish Austin nothing but the best in her personal life and look forward to continuing to work with her in her capacity as volunteer coordinator with WDI USA. Onward in solidarity, The WDI USA Board Kara Dansky Lauren Levey Marian Rutigliano Lorraine Nowlin Katherine Kinney Women’s Declaration International, USA (WDI USA) is the American chapter of a global organization dedicated to protecting women’s sex-based rights. Our founding document, the Declaration on Women’s Sex-Based Rights, re-affirms women and girls' sex-based rights as enumerated in the 1979 Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and subsequent international agreements, and challenges the discrimination we experience from the replacement of the category of sex with that of ‘gender identity’. The Declaration is a clear call to law and policy makers to retain the sex-based biological definition of woman. WDI is a nonpartisan organization which advocates for human rights for women and girls through volunteer political activism. WDI USA does not endorse any action which is unsafe or violates state or federal civil or criminal law. Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Women's Declaration International, USA PO Box 21160 Washington, District Of Columbia 20009 Opt-out Privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment