Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I was working at Council Research and Analysis back in the 90's or early 2000's when she was on Mary Ann Mahaffey's staff. I was on Councilwoman JoAnn Watson's staff for the whole time Jenkins was on Council , until this year. I observed her very close up for her whole tenure almost. I don't have that low an opinion of her. I am proud of her as a Black woman junior to me to have achieved so much. On the key vote that is the acid test for sellout for our public comment radicals, THE VOTE ON THE CONSENT AGREEMENT, she and the other four who voted for it had a legal gun to their head. The state and governor are so powerful, plenipotentiary is the legal term, relative to the Council and Mayor by the Dictator law, Snyder probably would have imposed the EM earlier if they had voted to refuse the consent agreement. I was right there doing the legal strategy with corporation counsel Krystal Crittendon. I know of what I speak. It is not, correct, in my opinion to label her a sellout , or even a mediocre councilperson. I've worked at Council since 1985, and observed a couple dozen of them. I don't like her close connect to Cindy Pasky, but I'm a revolutionary (smiles). I don't expect the average Councilmember to not have connections to the business community. It's unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment