Thursday, September 18, 2014

  As I said, perversely, with Clinton , the Democratic Party, became the vehicle for cutting the Democratic Party's War on Poverty and Great Society.

If poor voters think there's really no difference between the parties and thus sit on their hands, they are digging their own graves through their own ignorance./////// I'm not so sure poor voters are so ignorant. It is not clear at all that poor people voting translates into more jobs or welfare for the people voting, especially for the last 30 years of Reaganism. Do you know this history, I've worked in Legal Services for the poor as an attorney . I am very aware of the connection between government policies and the incomes of my clients, who are all poor. As I said, perversely, with Clinton , the Democratic Party, became the vehicle for cutting the Democratic Party's War on Poverty and Great Society. Things are complicated. With Obama I believe we have halted the 30 years shift to the right, but have not got it going fully to the left yet, as the tea Republican Confederates are putting up a desperate fight to stay the course of Reaganism. It is the New Civil War. We will win !

No comments:

Post a Comment