Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Go Wonder Woman ! really put my foot in my mouth on that one.” Then she dropped another humble charming anecdote from the celebrity-packed event.

We actually sat next to each other,” Gere told Norton about meeting Swift at the ceremony — a moment that swiftly became embarrassing for the singer. The truly iconic Hollywood actor revealed that Taylor asked him, not knowing who he was, ‘Why are you here?’

The Graham Norton audience broke out in laughter. Gere was there because he had been nominated for Best Actor in the film Arbitrage.

Seeming mortified by her gaffe, Swift admitted: “I really put my foot in my mouth on that one.” Then she dropped another humble charming anecdote from the celebrity-packed event. Swift revealed that when she met Gere’s then-wife, actress Carey Lowell, she very naturally told her “it’s so good to see you again.” The problem? Lowell and Swift had never met. Swift realized she thought they had met because Lowell was “my favorite district attorney on Law & Order, so I literally see her every week.” https://2paragraphs.com/2024/01/taylor-swifts-embarrassing-celebrity-snafu-i-really-put-my-foot-in-my-mouth-on-that-one/

No comments:

Post a Comment