Friday, March 24, 2023

Helen Joyce

https://www.thehelenjoyce.com/

LATEST — MAR 21, 2023 Joyce activated, issue 41 In which I look at an unusually toxic topic, even for me: what is known about the motives of those who abuse children, and how to stop them. 10 MIN READ 1 COMMENT MORE ISSUES Joyce activated, issue 40 In which I draw a (possibly strained) analogy between equality law and pre- and post-Copernican astronomy... MAR 10, 2023 10 MIN READ 5 COMMENTS Joyce activated, issue 39 Adults are allowing emotions—self-satisfaction at their virtue-signalling; pleasure in giving people what they want in the short term while avoiding the discomfort of saying no—to shape decisions they make for children. And while they wallow, they fail to engage their brains. MAR 3, 2023 11 MIN READ 2 COMMENTS Joyce activated, issue 38 In this week’s issue I share some reflections on Nicola Sturgeon’s downfall, and what it augurs for gender self-ID both in Scotland and elsewhere. FEB 17, 2023 5 MIN READ 2 COMMENTS Joyce activated, issue 37 I attended two excellent conferences in London last Saturday: one organised by the London Society of the New Lacanian School (a style of psychoanalysis) and the other organised by left-wing feminist campaign group Woman’s Place UK. FEB 10, 2023 3 MIN READ 8 COMMENTS Joyce activated 36 In which Maya Forstater and I attend the Women and Equalities Select Committee, and fail to keep straight faces. FEB 3, 2023 6 MIN READ 5 COMMENTS Joyce activated, issue 35 Last week I promised I’d return to the importance of the definition of sex in law. But as I’ve written this week’s issue, I’ve found myself explaining why the law isn’t enough, though shoring it up is still where I think we have to start. JAN 27, 2023 9 MIN READ 5 COMMENTS Joyce activated, issue 34 In this issue I explain why I’ve decided not to return to my journalism job, but instead keep doing campaign work. And I explain why schools are such an important battleground in the fight for sex-based rights, and what the Department for Education needs to do. JAN 20, 2023 9 MIN READ 1 COMMENT Joyce activated, issue 33 This week I reflect on what I learn from appearing on panels and from being interviewed. For me, thinking aloud really is thinking allowed. JAN 13, 2023 5 MIN READ 11 COMMENTS Joyce activated, issue 32 I’ve used the first issue of the new year to do a bit of stocktaking on 2022, and some forward thinking for 2023. As I’ve been writing my mood has turned darker, probably because of the disastrous and farcical vote before Christmas in Scotland for gender self-ID. JAN 6, 2023 10 MIN READ 11 COMMENTS Load more issues ABOUT Helen Joyce Helen Joyce Journalist, author of Trans: When Ideology Meets Reality, working with Sex Matters campaign group Sign up now to get access to the library of members-only issues. jamie@example.com SUBSCRIBE TOPICS Joyce Activated 41 issues TWITTER Subscribe to Helen Joyce Don’t miss out on the latest issues. Sign up now to get access to the library of members-only issues. jamie@example.com SUBSCRIBE Helen Joyce © 2023 Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment